Sunday, August 7, 2011

Utah trip, Cousin Chris, and Brian the organist

So my cousin Chris is amazing, we have been especially close since we went to college together. After 3 hard years of law school, and after studying for the BAR exam, he finally had some free time before he started his new job. It was perfect timing too, because Steve's brother, Brian had an organ recital in the St. Madeline's cathedral in SLC.  Our weekend trip started with Brian's recital.

Brian is an amazing organist! One day he will be playing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. If you have a few minutes, go listen to him on his website HERE. The cathedral's organ was on the second floor, so you couldn't see Brian at all, but he made an awesome performance.  I couldn't get a good picture of him because after he was done, he had tons of friends and fans all around him waiting to chat and congratulate. I did get a good picture of Alicia and her family though....


and managed to take a few snapshots of the inside of the cathedral...



The next day, we hung out with Chris and of course, I managed to take some pictures of him :)




On Saturday morning, Chris took us hiking at Uinta National Forest. Because our families have grown up in the metro area, we hardly ever went hiking just for fun. For some reason I get paranoid when we go to the great outdoors with our kids. I'm always on the lookout for any dangerous situations. Am I the only one?   Anyways, I'm glad we went, because it was so beautiful!




That night, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner with Chris and his date, and my cousin Mike & his wife Addie. Mike and Addie are expecting their first baby! It is so exciting to see families grow. 

On Monday morning, we headed back home. I wanted to stay longer, but I had to work. 
We had a wonderful time, and we are so glad to have seen our families!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...