Monday, May 30, 2011

Worst Anniversary Ever!

I had a gallbladder attack last week which was not fun. I was nursing Andy and watching TV when all of a sudden  I felt a little pain under my rib cage, it didn't bother me. Within 30 seconds the "little pain" turned into MAJOR pain. It was safe to say that it hurt more than labor pain. I had to stop what I was doing and 10 seconds later I was holding my stomach and rolling on the ground. The intense pain lasted about 20 minutes and it got better but I was still hurting. That night I went to bed in pain.

 The next day I woke up and it was still there so I avoided all fats and grease. I went about my day, ran errands, played with the kids, but I still had pain.  Two days later I noticed that anything I ate hurt me even more, and that when I peed, it was dark. That's when I knew something was wrong so I decided to go to the Emergency Room.

I was expecting them to take my gallbladder out that same day, but when I talked to the surgeon I found out that my Liver was backing up and that my Pancreatic enzyme levels were through the roof. They admitted me and I spent the weekend at the hospital until my levels were normal and until my pain went away. 

They didn't let me eat for almost 3 days, which DRAMATICALLY decreased my pancreatic enzyme levels. 
On Monday I finally got my gallbladder removed. Finally! I was already scheduled to get it removed, but I guess my body couldn't wait any longer. Needless to say, I am now recovered and eating delicious beef, bacon, eggs, burgers, chocolate, and all the foods that I couldn't eat for 3 months!

Our anniversary was spent at the hospital and at home recovering from my surgery. It stunk! Steve was there for most of the time and he even took care of the boys overnight.  We had so many great people help us out. My sister in law Kelly took Ben for a few days and many people made us dinner. We are so grateful for our Church's Relief Society- they took care of us when we needed it.

 Happy anniversary Steve! We have had 3 happy years, and despite the fact that we couldn't celebrate our anniversary on our date I was still happy to know that you are my bestest friend and that I am so happy to be your wife. I love you!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Vivian...I am reading my same EXACT story for the same EXACT week!!! Last week was so horrible! I went to the ER twice and my enzyme levels were through the roof too!! No eating or drinking for 4 days...i thought i was going to die..AND im 9 weeks pregnant, so they really didnt want to take it out but I couldnt eat anything without having an attack so they had no choice. Guess what? It was last monday too! Such a small world. Once they took it out I was a whole new person and the surgeon said it was really inflamed. I totally know your pain! Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Vivian!How scary! and what crappy timing! I am glad you are feeling better though.

    Happy late anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...