Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Gallbladder

My evil gallbladder!!! Notice the knife and the gun trying to kill me. 
lapierrefamily.org

Pregnancy has been going pretty good since the beginning. The only thing that is bugging me is my gallbladder. Unfortunately I have started to develop some kind of gallbladder sludge that is not "rock" consistency just yet. On and off for the past 3 weeks I have been in pain. The pain attacks are mostly at night, but sometimes last all day the next day. I had pain that started 2 days ago along with some indigestion issues (I'm not going to get too detailed) but last night things got really really painful.

So for the first time ever, I visited the ER. To sum it all up, I got an IV and fluids in, they took some blood work, monitored the baby, and gave me some antacids. After 3 hours, and after throwing up. I felt much, much better. My pain practically vanished and I was me again. So they sent me home with a Rx for a nice pain killer in case this happens again. 

I am now down a few pounds, which overall, makes me have gained less than 5 pounds this pregnancy. So far, they have told me the baby is measuring right where he should be. Now comes the tough part:

I have to follow a strict diet- and by"strict" I mean non-fat. 

I have transitioned to skim milk again. I can't have any fast food, chocolate, or ice cream, or anything that is greasy and has bad fat in it. So I ended up having to buy a new refrigerator "wardrobe." I found out that it can be super expensive to eat healthy. I feel bad for Steve because he might lose weight because the snacks are all non fat! Poor thing! We all know he needs to fatten up. 

Today was a good day- pain free. Thank goodness. I just hope these next 6 weeks go by fast. I'll keep you updated and let you know if my evil gallbladder will have to be removed or if it will stay and serve a life sentence. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you're having the go through that! Hopefully you'll continue on with the pain free days! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the next 6 weeks aren't too horrible! Good luck with the diet! I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pregnancy is hard enough, I hope you survive without pain!!! Good luck Vivian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that diet all too well! Hopefully it will help though, at least until the baby comes. Then you can just get rid of the dang thing and eat good food again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIKES!!! that does NOT sound like very much fun! :/ glad to hear you are doing better and that the dr was able to "help" i say "help" cuz he kinda increased some stress by adding the HEALTHY diet. Good Luck with the last few weeks of this pregnancy! haha I on the other had can not say that i haven't gained weight this pregnancy... haha i still have 10 weeks and i have already gained a good 20lbs :) ps LOVE the picture of the gallbladder :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...