Monday, April 5, 2010

A family update


Ben has been scooting for more than a month. He is almost crawling. He likes to be on his hands and knees but can't advance using his arms and legs. He gets really frustrated. The other day I sat him on the crib and went to the bedroom, came back, and he was standing against the railing all by himself! It scared me because the mattress is is set up high so he could have fallen off.  That night Steve and I moved the mattress down to the lowest level. Ben likes to stand up against the couch and is wanting to walk around the furniture. The other day he weighed in about 18 pounds and he was 27 inches tall.

When we put him to bed he barely cries anymore. He lays down, and gnaws on his blanket and then babbles  himself to sleep-it's the cutest thing ever. His top two teeth have come through so now every once in a while I can hear him grind his teeth.


Steve has been very diligent with all his homework and will soon get a break at the end of this week. I can't believe he is going to take 2 physics classes and 3 engineering classes next semester-what a psycho idea! I guess he thinks he can handle it and he probably will be able to do it now that he doesn't work.
I am taking 2 online nursing classes. For one of them I have to do 4 hours of clinical each week which I will be able to set up a preceptor at my job. So technically I will be working for 8 hours a week at Season's Pediatrics except 4 of those hours are volunteered. It should be interesting. If I do well in my classes and take them all on schedule I will be able to graduate in December-that way I could just get it out of the way and just focus on being home with the fam.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Sweet little Ben! What a cutie. And I'm totally dying to know who has had a baby/who is pregnant in the 84th ward. I saw a picture of a bunch of pregnant bellies a while ago and I so wanted to see the faces attached to each one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...