Sunday, August 30, 2009

Welcome to the World Benjamin!

So I had a baby! FINALLY!! I tried blogging about it at the hospital but the hospital blocked facebook and photo upload on blogger. Anyways, Here is the story:

I was having painful contractions ever since early Monday morning although they were irregular, so Wednesday night Steve timed the contractions-they were about 7 minutes apart, regular, and painful. So I scheduled an appointment on Thursday morning. I got checked, and Dr. said I was 5 cm dilated and 100 percent effaced. Woo hoo! So we headed to the hospital!
This was the real thing!


This is me in between a contraction in my hospital gown.




So I ended up getting an epidural and got Pitocin to "speed up" the labor.
After 4 hours of little progress, Steve made a discovery! The Pitocin wasn't even hooked up to my IV line! haha! After hooking it back up, 2 hours later, I was ready to push!

The Dr. wanted to help me out with the vacuum suction, but the vacuum wouldn't work because Ben had so much hair! After about 45 minutes of pushing, and with the help of forceps, Benjamin came out!

here he is about 1 minute old:

Born at exactly 11:00 pm August 27th
He weighed 7 lbs- 4 oz
measured 19 inches long

The first picture with the newest member of the family!


In his "coming home" outfit




Who does he look like most?


Getting ready to leave the hospital.


Home at last! Daddy and Ben taking a nap



We love our baby soooooo much! He is so wonderful. Birth is so amazing!


Our first night was tough. I managed to get some sleep though (1 hour). I have probably slept like 6 hours in TOTAL from Wednesday, but our baby is worth it!Benjamin, we love you!


There will be plenty more pictures to come!

7 comments:

  1. Steve and Vivian,

    He is BEAUTIFUL. We are so glad to hear that everything went smoothly... When Debby told us about the Pitocin leaking on to the floor, we almost died!

    Our sincerest congrats to all three of you, and here's to more restful nights in the weeks ahead (one can hope!).

    Love,
    Alicia and Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! He is so cute and I absolutely love all the hair!! He looks a lot like all the Lewis babies!!! We're so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!!!!! We are so happy for you guys. You have a beautiful baby. Let us know if you need anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! He has so much hair and I looove it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it just makes me cry. I don't know why. Probably because it will be happening for us soon too! What a cute baby boy! It must have been so fun to finally meet him and see what he looked like after wondering for so long. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...