Thursday, June 18, 2009

Taking my RN board exam!!!


Okay, so I didn't really write about when I would be taking my boards just because I have been scared that I would fail. This past Monday I had to drive to Ogden, Utah just to take my test. I had been doing a Kaplan course that our school provided us at no extra cost. Some of the scores on Kaplan that I got were very disappointing. On some of the practice exams, they wanted you to achieve a score of 60%. At first I thought it would be so easy, but then I took them and they were so hard. All the questions were very detailed and you had to know lots of information. Well, my maximum score on the tests was like 58%. It stunk. Anyways, I disregarded the score and focused on the test strategies.

Last week I started to get way more anxious. I was studying a lot more, and at the same time I had to work more hours at the clinic. I said LOTS of prayers. My whole entire family prayed for me. I was getting freaked out. I even had a blessing from Steve. I felt a lot better after that.

So Monday I got to Utah and went into the testing center. They took my fingerprint, took my picture and let me in. I was being video taped and recorded for sound. It was high security-I couldn't believe it. My first question was hard. Then the rest got even harder as the test went on. I was hoping and praying that I would get the minimum amount of questions which is 75. Depending on how you do, if the computer cannot decide if you are above or below the passing line, it will give you more questions. Every now and then someone at random gets chosen to do all 265 questions. I didn't want to be that person.

On the 75th question, the computer logged me off and told me I was done. (sigh)
I either passed with flying colors or failed miserably. I had no clue.
On Wednesday my results were released. I had to pay 8 dollars to see the results right away. It was that or wait 2-4 weeks to get the results by mail. By that time, I would have bit my head off. I didn't get any sleep the day of the test or the day after.

After paying the 8 bucks and going to the website. My results were revealed...











YAY!!!! I was so excited to see those words. This means I can officially be a Registered Nurse. It was a great feeling. Of course, I called Steve right away with the news.

My lunch hour was spent celebrating at one of our favorite restaurants. Craigos.
I could not have done it without the help of Heavenly Father. Thanks to everyone that had me in their prayers! :D

NO more studying for the NCLEX. It is over. Now I can move on to the next thing on my list...

Decorating the nursery perhaps?

5 comments:

  1. That's so great!!! Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment!!! Yeah for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian I am SO happy for you! Good work! That's going to be poor Justin in a year and a half... we may need pointers! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a stressful test! Great job preparing and doing your best to succeed! I bet you feel much lighter having that behind you. Good luck on getting the room ready for your cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Congrats, that is such wonderful news! We are so happy for you. We also miss having you as neighbors and hope you are enjoying your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Vivian! I'm so happy that you passed! Sorry you ended up having to work more due to me being out for maternity leave and such. I really am excited for you, though! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...