Saturday, April 11, 2009

I finally Gradumatated!


The day finally came!! I am officially a graduate nurse. It makes me happy that I have finally finished that arduous nursing school! Oy!

My mom was able to come to my graduation and is still with us until Monday. It's so nice having her here, she makes the day brighter. It was a great week. On Thursday I had the nurses pinning ceremony. What made this special was the fact that Elder Neil L. Anderson was present at the ceremony and was able to shake everyone's hand and congratulate us. Our school's president, President Kim B. Clark was also there with us. On Friday, we had commencement, with the whole cap and gown thing! I look silly! There were more than 1400 people graduating this semester. After commencement was convocation, where they formally announced everyone's name (only those from the college of Life and Ag science-who were about 150). Then we took pictures, received more great talks, and finally went out to eat to celebrate!


Here I am shaking Elder Andersen's hand. Yay for the Quorum of the 12!


Here we are before the ceremony started, all so happy to be done! We all had to dress in white. I had the toughest time finding a white dress or white skirt around town. I finally found a skirt, but was scared to buy it because of my growing belly. I bought it last month, but luckily it still fit me, I just couldn't zip it all the way up.


My lovely mom and I after the pinning Ceremony.




Here is a classmate of mine. Her name is Anne. She was like my best friend! We would laugh and tease those that fell asleep during class sometimes.


Sister Hunter, my Metabolics teacher-one among the many faculty in the nursing program


Diedre (pronounced "dee dra"), me, Liz, and Ashley. Liz is 6 months pregnant with her 2nd boy.
Can you tell that I'm 5 months along?




During Convocation. Yeah I graduated Summa Cumme Laude. Top 1% of my graduating class. Ha! just kidding, the cords I'm wearing are nursing department cords.


Proud!


Sister Garbett (Cardio teacher) , Sister Funk(Neuro), and Sister Hunter(Metabolics). Not Pictured are Sister Barnhill (Obstetrics), Sister Dicus (Pediatrics), Sister Dalling (Cancer/GI) Sister Parson (Fundamentals), Bro Atwood (Psych nursing), and Bro Van Wagoner (ethics and legal nursing)



I did it! Yay!! Now I have another graduation coming up in August or September. I get to be a Mommy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You were lucky to have Pres. Clark and Elder Anderson!!!!! Nice work in the nursing program! From what I hear that is HARD work! Even though we're moving on the 25th, we have to keep in touch. Good luck with your awesome job and the last bits of pregnancy! You are amazing. Thanks for having us over and being our friends. We will miss you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...